Behind The Headlines
Welcome to the 7th Leeds Palestinian Film Festival! We are delighted to announce that it will take place live across venues in Leeds from 12th November – 3rd December 2021, alongside an online programme of short films available to view worldwide.
This year’s festival theme is Behind the Headlines, with our programme of events demonstrating the history and present-day reality of Palestinians that remain hidden behind the recent coverage of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
The ambition as a festival since our inception in 2015 has been to show outstanding, thought-provoking and compelling films that showcase Palestinian narratives and challenge audiences’ perceptions and views. This year’s programme of feature and short films comprises an eclectic blend of contemporary fiction and documentary cinema. In addition, we’re excited to be presenting a retrospective of work by multi-award winning filmmaker Anne Paq both online and offline.
Our hybrid blend of live and online screenings allows an accessible platform for you to hear the voices of those behind the headlines, and we’re excited to be bringing their stories to the big screen once again.
Covid Safety Message
To ensure your own safety, and the safety of others,at this year’s Festival, we encourage you to wear masks, continue to practise safe hygiene measures, and to read each venue’s Covid safety information where possible.
- November 12, 2021 8:45 pm 200 Meters
- November 14, 2021 1:15 pm 200 Meters
- November 16, 2021 1:30 pm 200 Meters
- November 20, 2021 6:00 pm Saturday Shorts
- November 22, 2021 6:00 pm Between Heaven And Earth
- November 26, 2021 6:30 pm Objector
- November 28, 2021 6:00 pm Gaza
- December 1, 2021 7:00 pm Little Palestine (Diary Of A Siege)
- December 3, 2021 7:00 pm Not Just Your Picture
Some events are supported by